Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July!

What better way to spend the 4th of July than coaching a workout and then swimming in our beautiful lakes! As Margie says "We really do live in God's country, don't we?!"

First on the agenda to day was North Long. Headed out into the breeze expecting to have it push us back in - no such luck! It changed direction on us. But the sun was coming up and it was a beautiful morning; not near as hot as yesterday afternoon (yet!).

Next was Round Lake. Thanks to Janell and Ed for joining us in their kayaks and for their generous donations! Another great swim, feeling cool (temperature-wise anyway!) and good in the water.

THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has donated – please keep them coming! We are overwhelmed and blessed with the positive response for this fun little project!

Third was Gladstone. Another gem of a lake. Perfect temperature and the breeze cooperated this time. Out into the wind and back with a little wave action helping us along. Once we were back Margie asked me if I wear dark goggles so I didn't have to look at the weeds.....then she tells me we swam very close to a large turtle (glad I didn't know that at the time!). I still have all my toes, so snapping turtle or not, all is good! By the way, I wear dark goggles so no one knows when I go into "sleep swim mode" :).

Margie went off to work and me home to mow the lawn. I got just as wet, but swimming was much more pleasant! For some reason, the mower seemed a lot heavier to push around the yard today....hmmm....I wonder why?

Sadly, lakes 11 and 12 are not going to happen tonight. Margie says "no - too much fun at Janell's". Thanks for the fun day , Janell.

Tomorrow the plan is to go east of Brainerd and tackle Mille Lacs and Borden.

The first picture is lake 10 (officially 1/5 of the way done!).

The second picture is Round lake with Ed, Margie, McGyver and Janell.

The last picture is North Round with McGyver doing a little kayaking on his own.






No comments:

Post a Comment