Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who are we?? - Part I....

Margaret Schaefer will be the kayaker for my swims - I have no worries about her being an awesome guide for me - she has successfully guided me on longer swims in very crazy conditions. Like me, she loves a good challenge!

I have known Margie through the Y for years, however it wasn't until 2006 that we became good friends. She asked me to join her triathlon team (go team BUA!)  for the annual Baxter Tri. We have competed in it every year since then (with the exception of last year when a series of unfortunate injuries kept us spectating). Our team has placed 1st four out of the five times in our category! I do the swim, Margie is our amazing biker, and her sister Jan Handlos is our kick-butt runner.

Fun facts about Margie:
Being a lifelong resident of the Brainerd area, Margie has been a member of the Brainerd Family YMCA for her entire life! She enjoys biking with the Paul Bunyan Cycling Club, is multi-talented in numerous ventures (you name it, she can do it!) and she loves the smell of lilacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment