Friday, May 11, 2012

50 swims in 50 lakes 4 the YMCA: Where the idea came from...

50 swims in 50 lakes 4 the YMCA: Where the idea came from...: On June 29th (50 days from yesterday) I will start the challenge of swimming 1 mile in 50 different lakes in 50 days as a fundraiser to honor the 50th Anniversary of our YMCA!!

The idea all started when our Marketing Director told us about a Duluth YMCA Member who ran on a treadmill in his YMCA's lobby for 12 hours. That got my competitive juices flowing - if he can do that for his YMCA, what can I do for ours? And with our YMCA's 50th Anniversary coming up this fall, what better time to do something cool?!

At first I tried to think of something to do pertaining to the number 50 in the pool. However, everything I came up with was either too boring or unattainable. Then my kayaking buddy Margaret Schaefer came up with the idea of doing something in 50 lakes. Being suckers for a challenge, we decided to do 1 mile in 50 different lakes in 50 days. Margie will kayak and I will swim.

Crazy? - Maybe!; Fun?- Absolutely!
Exciting enough to get people to donate to the YMCA on our behalf? - we will see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment